Probably, you already heard about twitter? Most of the people have said yes. Twitter is popular online social networking sites.
It is also a micro blogging service that’s users’ enables to send and read tweets.If you thinking what tweets are then, tweets are those text messages that’s limited to 140 characters. For further reading : Twitter Sign Up Instructions for Novice
Only who are registered users can read tweets and post tweets. But also unregistered twitter users can only read them. Twitter was founded in March, in the year 2006.It was founded by Evan Williams, Noah Glass, Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone. Its headquarters are situated in San Francisco, ca, u.s.a.
See also: Twitter Facts And Stats in South Africa
Twitter facts and stats
1. 140 million active users
2. 100,000 tweets sent every 60 seconds
3. More than ½ of active tweeter users follow companies, brands and products on social media
4. 57% of companies use twiiter for business
5. 67% of consumers are more likely to buy brands they follow
6. 70% of companies ignore complaints on twitter
7. 79% of us twitter followers are more likely to recommended a brand
Top 5 twitter #Profiles
1. American Apparel: Insensitive promotion during hurricane sandy
2. Shell Oil: Faced with a hoax parody twitter account
3. Chick-fil-a: Stance on gay marriages creates a wildfire on twitter
4. McDonalds: #McDstroies hashtag campaign gone wrong
5. KitchenAid: Anti Obama tweet
Twitter has no age limit or restriction to use their service. Anyone can make twitter sign up.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Latest posts by Taposh Kapuria (see all)
- First Anniversary of Talkandtalkers Technology Blog - October 21, 2014
- An Awesome Talk with Jitendra Vaswani from BloggersIdeas - September 22, 2014
- Interview with Pradeep Kumar, CEO & Founder of Slashsquare - August 27, 2014